Thanks to Apple’s unknown secret feature, the quality of calls made on iPhone, iPad and Mac can be improved.
Many iPhone, iPad and Mac users are aware that the sound quality is much better when they make calls via FaceTime than WhatsApp and regular network. However, thanks to a hidden iPhone feature that improves the sound quality, it is possible to increase all calls made over the internet to this level.
Hidden iPhone feature: Soundproofing!
The secret iPhone feature, which many users are not even aware of, is called Mic Mode – Microphone Mode. All devices running iOS 15, iPadOS 15, or macOS Monterey and above (everything that supports Spatial Sound seems to also support Sound Isolation.) can use this feature.
Of course, it is a bit difficult to find and activate this feature by searching within the device. Because Apple received a lot of criticism last year for putting some important settings in unusual places. But we share all the steps on how to activate it below.
- First, you need to be in a conversation to turn this setting on.
- Then swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the Control Center.
- Then click on the Mic Mode – Microphone Mode button on the top right.
- Standard will appear as selected.
- Here, if you choose the Voice Isolation feature, it will cut all the noise around you and transfer your voice more clearly and loudly.
- But if you choose the Wide Spectrum feature, on the contrary, it will focus more on the outside sound. In this way, you can announce to the other party what is happening around you in environments such as meetings or concerts.
- In addition, if you are using an app that allows video calling, Mik. You can transfer your image to the other side with Portrait Mode by activating the Video Effect on the left of the Mode.
- Note: Both Video Effect and Mic. Let’s mention that we have tested the Mod for you and it works properly as far as we have observed.
However, it should be noted that you cannot use this feature for phone calls made through standard operators. But in the future, support for Wi-Fi calls may be offered. However, this support was offered to many applications.
Especially if you are an iPhone user, it can work integrated with many applications from Instagram to Snapchat. However, it should be noted that iPadOS and macOS are not yet supported at the same rate.
However, basic applications such as FaceTime and Zoom provide smooth results on every platform. In addition, let’s say that the number of applications that support this feature offered for all operating systems will increase day by day.
What do you think about this subject? Don’t forget to share your views with us in the comments!